Zpools shown as "ejectables"?

We won't tell.

Zpools shown as "ejectables"?

Postby nodarkthings » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:31 am

Is it because of being on Hackintosh that pools are shown in the Finder with an eject button, even with internal drives?
Is there a way to hide that button?
nodarkthings

Re: Zpools shown as "ejectables"?

Postby Brendon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:41 pm

@nodarkthings

I believe this is one of our defects associated with Issue 116. You should not use the eject buttons, rather the command line import and export commands.

In short it will be resolved either with 116 or when its understood. This is an example of how difficult integrating a 3rd party FS into OSX can be. There are a lot of interfaces and protocols to adhere to, many of them undocumented.

It has nothing to do with being on a Hackintosh.

- Brendon

nodarkthings wrote:Is it because of being on Hackintosh that pools are shown in the Finder with an eject button, even with internal drives?
Is there a way to hide that button?
Brendon

Postby nodarkthings » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Thanks. I thought it could be a Hackintosh issue because even HFS volumes would appear with an external drive's icon, on mine at least, without a dedicated kext. ;)
I haven't even tried clicking on that eject button, it's more of a cosmetic issue. :)
nodarkthings

Postby emory » Sat May 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Not to follow the non-OpenZFS tangent too closely, but wanted to say that internal SATA devices that show as ejectable are almost always because you have them enabled for hot-swap/hot-plug in your EFI/BIOS configuration.

In my case (Asus Z97-family), entering device configuration and then down into devices or peripherals and then to SATA port configuration will eventually get you to a list of all SATA ports and let you toggle their state. My board is all Intel SATA, if you have a mixed Marvell/Intel controller environment you will want to check both.

If you have a third-party PCI-Express SATA controller in there too you'll need to enter the configuration mode on that card as well.
emory

Postby Brendon » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Dont touch the eject button. Bad things will happen.

Its something that we don't know how to prevent yet.

- Brendon

nodarkthings wrote:Thanks. I thought it could be a Hackintosh issue because even HFS volumes would appear with an external drive's icon, on mine at least, without a dedicated kext. ;)
I haven't even tried clicking on that eject button, it's more of a cosmetic issue. :)
Brendon

Return to Hackintoshes