Problem with arc_summary and zilstat

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

Problem with arc_summary and zilstat

Postby benjamin » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:12 am

Thank you again for the great work on this port. I recently added a modest amount of ZIL and L2ARC cache and now my array is just flying! Awesome stuff.

However, both zilstat and arc_summary are giving the same error:

Code: Select all
NameError: name 'load_kstats' is not defined

I'm running v2.1.7-rc3 on Sonoma v14.1. Something similar was reported last year, and apparently fixed (See https://openzfsonosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3567). However, arcstat does work which makes me suspect that a fix was only applied to that. I'm busy troubleshooting VMs (unrelated to OpenZFS on OS X) so haven't had chance to look into this in more detail yet. Will report back when I do!

Kind regards,

Benjamin
benjamin

Re: Problem with arc_summary and zilstat

Postby benjamin » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:14 am

Following up, I’ve temporarily flattened my MacOS box to run Fedora so haven’t looked into this further.
benjamin

Postby Olivia101 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:43 pm

{spam posting removed by moderator}
Olivia101

Postby Sharko » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:13 pm

... ChatGPT has entered the conversation.
Sharko

Postby Sharko » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 pm

Olivia101 wrote:It seems like Benjamin is experiencing an issue with the zilstat and arc_summary commands, both of which are returning a "NameError: name 'load_kstats' is not defined" message. He is running v2.1.7-rc3 on Sonoma v14.1 and mentioned a similar issue being reported and fixed in the past. However, it appears that the fix might have only been applied to arcstat. Benjamin plans to investigate further when he has the chance. It's possible that an update or patch may be needed for zilstat and arc_summary to address this issue. Benjamin's approach of troubleshooting and reporting back once he has more information is a contexto good plan.

ChatGPT generated posting, with hidden link shrunk down to near-invisible size. I munged the target so they won't get the SEO benefit, and set the size to 100 to show the link.
Sharko

Return to General Help