is there a documentation updates crew to join?

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

is there a documentation updates crew to join?

Postby incumbent » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:37 am

i had a pretty rough upgrade to 2.1.6rc4 and there were some places where the user is directed to scripts on the dmg that i didn't have.

the export worked fine, i flailed around a bit trying to install the RC build that failed (got really freaked out by the "can't replace a directory with a file" messages) and then i couldn't return to the previous release either and then i pulled the eGPU off and did a recovery boot to step through what the uninstall script was trying to do and eventually tracked it all down. i may be able to piece some of that together still but it was a rough ride to `zpool import`

Zetawatch is giving me notifications every 30 seconds or so about

`ZFS encountered an error: Internal an nvlist structure size does not match vdev_stat_t size.`

but `zpool status` says it looks fine but that we should do a pool upgrade and i'll be reading about that upgrade shortly but if someone is updating documentation and/or the uninstall script, i would be able to help with that. didn't want to just start wading in if there's someone to coordinate with and find out what the plan is going forward (dmg releases with contrib shell scripts and docs/just a pkg with a pointer/etc.)
incumbent

Re: is there a documentation updates crew to join?

Postby lundman » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:42 pm

The RC releases are test releases for those who can,. and are willing, to test and iron out things before the real release.

Once we have the release tested enough, I will build a DMG like before.

Having said that, your feedback is also good. We should coordinate with ZetaWatch as well, make sure
there is a release for it. As always, if there are issues, you can delete the zfs.kext and reboot, then
there are no ZFS active any longer.
lundman

Return to General Help