sleep problems with 1.7.4

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

sleep problems with 1.7.4

Postby calbear88 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi, I'm running ZFS 1.7.4 and OS X Mojave. I have ZFS volumes on an external thunderbolt enclosure (OWC Thunderbay). I notice that if I put my computer to sleep, it doesn't properly awake. When I move my mouse to wake my computer, the keyboard lights up, hard drives spin up, but the screen on my iMac remains black. I've tried sleeping after a fresh restart of the computer with no apps running, and it still does not wake from sleep.

If I turn off my thunderbolt enclosure, the computer sleeps fine.

I disabled spotlight from indexing all my ZFS volumes, in case that was the culprit, but it didn't help.

Just wondering if perhaps this is specific to my configuration of hardware, or someone else has noted problems sleeping with ZFS volumes since upgrading to 1.7.4 and Mojave?

Thanks
calbear88

Re: sleep problems with 1.7.4

Postby Marco » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 pm

I noticed the same problem with different MacOS systems and different versions of OpenZFS.
Marco

Re: sleep problems with 1.7.4

Postby thePoet » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:31 am

Same. But it has been that way for quite a while. It isn't specific to the system sleep, I don't let my system sleep, but it happens with he screen sleep which I do use. If the screen sleeps, and you attempt to use the mouse to wake it up, the system often will no wake the screen (and nothing can get it to do so afterwards). Try just using the keyboard to wake. That usually works for me. I'm not sure it has anything to do with OpenZFS or not.
thePoet

Return to General Help