Is there any formal RC/Beta spot we can help with?

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

Is there any formal RC/Beta spot we can help with?

Postby leeb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:03 am

IIRC there were a few cases early on where there were some official release candidate/beta packages beyond just building Master ourselves. I can't recall though if those just went up on the normal downloads page (I see there are a few RCs listed there but only for back at 1.3.1) or if there was another place they were listed (or even if there was just a tag for it in the repository). As we hopefully get close to the next stable release with the crypto fix I was just wondering if there was any formal process that'd the community could help with for testing whatever is planned for stable, other then building from source? If not that's totally understandable, just excited and a bit itchy to put the next stable through its paces and I haven't been following closely enough to know if I'd missed anything there!
leeb

Re: Is there any formal RC/Beta spot we can help with?

Postby lundman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 am

Anyone who can run master, should. That is the best beta help we can get. It is not hard to compile it yourself to run, but does mean you have to live with disabling SIP.

We do release the occasional beta PKG, and there is one coming. Once this release is out, we want to make a beta PKG for the UBC rewrite code, which is finally using XNU's cache code.
lundman

Return to General Help