Debug automount problem

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

Re: Debug automount problem

Postby sir_brickalot » Tue May 30, 2017 7:15 am

abc123 wrote:CoreStorage encrypted volumes are mounted at some point after logging in.

Don't you think that Apple took care of priorities? A quick search didn't bring up anything about priority, but people would run into this problem ALL the time if this wasn't addressed by Apple. Wouldn't it?
sir_brickalot

Postby abc123 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:43 am

sir_brickalot wrote:
abc123 wrote:CoreStorage encrypted volumes are mounted at some point after logging in.

Don't you think that Apple took care of priorities? A quick search didn't bring up anything about priority, but people would run into this problem ALL the time if this wasn't addressed by Apple. Wouldn't it?

Yes they would but what percentage of users partition their Mac hard-drives (other than for BootCamp) in which case most users won't hit this issue. launchctl allows you to have actions triggered when drives are mounted (as far as I know) so you could use this to launch your apps when the zpool is mounted (although I've not tried this, I just manually launch my apps after mounting my zpool because I haven't had the time to look in to this).
abc123

Postby sir_brickalot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 am

lundman wrote:Could you put in a sleep or something in the ZFS mount script to let corestorage unlock the volumes?

This is a very late answer but I just ran into that problem again and tried to solve it.
First: Thank your for your time.
Second: How and where would I "put in a sleep" in the mount script?
sir_brickalot

Postby lundman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Edit the script, add a line "sleep 5" to wait 5 seconds before continuing with the script. Trick is to find the right place to add the line, but probably just before the import?
lundman

Previous

Return to General Help