Unfamiliar Boot Verbose Message

All your general support questions for OpenZFS on OS X.

Unfamiliar Boot Verbose Message

Postby fahololo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:20 am

I've got some unfamiliar verbose booting message screen with my Mac Mini 2014 after uninstalling ZFS on OS X (v1.5.2). In my experience, verbose mode screen usually begins with (when enabled by boot args="-v") "longterm timer threshold=" at the top left corner of the screen. It behaves like this with all other Macs I have.

But now, it shows something like UEFI related information first before switching to "normal" verbose screen.

DEVICE PATH: < ACPI_DEVICE_PATH(2), ACPI_DP(1)
HARDWARE_DEVICE_PATH ...
MESSAGING_DEVICE_PATH ...
MEDIA_DEVICE_PATH

When I press CMD+R for recovery mode, it shows even more interesting messages like:

[OOPS] error:2 SlingShotHideUIElements ./Platform/Apple/Common/Application/SlingShot/SlingShot.c in line xxx

They are just some weird messages, and I can get into recovery mode without any problem. Safe mode is OK, too. In short, Mac Mini itself is working fine, and I was not able find any problem with it. Just this new screen keeps bugging me. I have erased the entire disk and reinstalled Yosemite, El Capitan couple of times, but the result is same. So I guess this must not have something to do with EFI partition in the hard disk.

I am attaching the screen I've never encountered before. Anybody seen this before? Or how to get rid of it?

fahololo

Re: Unfamiliar Boot Verbose Message

Postby Brendon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:40 am

Nothing to do with us, so far as I know.

- Brendon
Brendon

Postby fahololo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:28 am

Actually, these messages began to show up right after I had installed OpenZFS 1.5.2. And they won't go away even after I uninstalled it completely. The only parameters I had given at the time of installation was "nvram boot-args="-v keepsyms=1". I'm just curious to know if anybody has seen these messages in verbose mode... Does OpenZFS touch anything in the EFI firmware, cause it doesn't seem to be related with HDD/OS.
fahololo

Postby Brendon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Definitely not!

- Brendon
Brendon

Return to General Help