Sleep during resilvering/scrub?

Here you can discuss every aspect of OpenZFS on OS X. Note: not for support requests!

Sleep during resilvering/scrub?

Postby zisper » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi;

I've got my mac setup to sleep after an idle timeout. I left it running (but not logged in) last night, with a zpool resilvering a new disk. I logged in via ssh this morning and saw that the computer had gone to sleep, and the resilvering hadn't really progressed.
Playing around with it a little this morning, it seems as though my computer is sleeping as soon as the SSH session is closed - which is normal. I was wondering if it was possible to have the computer stay awake whilst ZFS is busy doing something though - either a resilver or a scrub? It's definitely an option I'd enable if it was available.
I'm sure I can prevent sleep when I'm not logged in with some combination of screen and "pmset noidle", but It'd be handy for the ZFS system to do something like this itself - that way it can let the computer sleep once the resilver (or scrub, I'd like to enable this for scrubbing as well) is completed.
zisper

Re: Sleep during resilvering/scrub?

Postby Brendon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Actually it should be possible to implement this, please raise an issue here...https://github.com/openzfsonosx/zfs/issues.

Cheers
Brendon
Brendon

Re: Sleep during resilvering/scrub?

Postby macz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 pm

and if that doesnt work.. download caffine and invoke it while its resilvering... it will keep the mac from sleeping... or just turn it off in power perfs until done
macz

Return to General Discussions