Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta. ZFS and Photos

Here you can discuss every aspect of OpenZFS on OS X. Note: not for support requests!

Re: Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta. ZFS and Photos

Postby FadingIntoBlue » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:19 pm

ilovezfs wrote: if zfs.util's scope is expanded, do we want it to import or to import -f;

My first thought was plain import ok, but any forced imports should be very much under a user's conscious control, rather than automatic. I can see the point of not having any auto mount at all on reboot, less so with reconnecting drives. I'd support a pop up option, or better yet, hooks to allow a graphic interface to display a list of mountable filesystems, and let user choose which they wanted to mount. Accepting that the graphic interface isn't there yet and is not a priority either :)
FadingIntoBlue

Postby ilovezfs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:31 pm

How does import -f differ from standard OS X behavior for every other type of file system besides ZFS?
ilovezfs

Postby FadingIntoBlue » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:22 pm

ilovezfs wrote: How does import -f differ from standard OS X behavior for every other type of file system besides ZFS?

I guess it doesn't - just a matter of whether to follow an OS X gui sensibility or more of a cli (Linux like perhaps) approach. If the goal is seamless integration of zfs on OS X then I support your point, particularly if it doesn't interfere with the compatibility on other operating systems
FadingIntoBlue

Previous

Return to General Discussions