Losing Spotlight on Reboots

We won't tell.

Losing Spotlight on Reboots

Postby crayonshin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello! This is my first post so I first want to say thank you to the developers and maintainers of this project. I appreciate all the work you do so we can enjoy ZFS on our Macs and Hacks.

I recently updated my Hackintosh from Sierra to High Sierra. It went smoothly and I installed O3X 1.6.2 RC1 afterwards and got my 4-disk raidz2 volume back and all the data was accessible. I noticed Spotlight was not finding anything from my ZFS datasets so I added them to Spotlight's privacy tab and then removed them to force a re-indexing.

It worked great after this and I could then Spotlight files even nested deeply in folders on my ZFS volumes. However, if I reboot, Spotlight again will not find anything on my ZFS volumes. In terminal, I looked in the volumes and saw that the hidden .Spotlight-V100 folders were there. Forcing a re-index works again until the next reboot.

Putting it to Sleep is OK. Spotlight works when I wake up the system. It only stops working on reboots or shutdown/powerup.

Please let me know if there is any info I can provide to help troubleshoot this. Thank you!
crayonshin

Return to Hackintoshes