Will v2.0 release keep the previous OS compatibility?

New to OpenZFS on OS X (Or ZFS in general)? Ask your questions here!

Re: Will v2.0 release keep the previous OS compatibility?

Postby nodarkthings » Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 am

New 2.0.1 trials
Let's start with the good news: the 10.11 build works perfectly, autoimport, export, no error message, wonderful! :D

Now, the bad boy 10.9. :mrgreen:
I confirm the no autoimport and the "unreadable disk" error message on each pool manual import, but the import goes well.

EDIT: I've deleted the part regarding the export issue, as I've found out it was already there in 1.9.4! It looks like doing a zfs inherit for mountpoint and checksum on those pools have fixed it... :o (They had those values set to local instead of default)
nodarkthings

Postby Bingo » Mon May 31, 2021 7:40 am

Oh, hello :D

I'd like to add 10.10.5 to the list as OS wishes as well, but I can see that I'm already being catered for, so thank you so much for this! :)
Bingo

Postby Bingo » Mon May 31, 2021 11:20 pm

[EDIT]

Had problems installing 2.0.1, as the 1.9.4 uninstaller didn't unload its kexts before removing its files, and a few of them remained active, so I had to do a reboot before 2.0.1 would install.

After that, it installed perfectly, and this time I can also import my existing 1.9.4-based pool, which I couldn't with the previous RC version I tried out a month or two ago. Thanks for that!

I'm about to create a new pool with 2.0.1 using zstd as compression — it'll be a little while as I have some cleaning up to do, but I'll report any errors.

Thanks again! :D
Bingo

Previous

Return to Absolute Beginners Section